Luke 12:48

From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Good Thing I Don't Like Dull

Good Thing I Don't Like Dull
Life is what you make of it. Always has been, always will be.- Grandma Moses

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

We Be Jammin'


This really isn't a recipe blog as much as it's proof that making your own delicious jam is so easy!  If you've every wanted to try it out but were afraid to do so, this will show you just how easy it is. 


                                                                  Berries from my garden

Bring to a boil Mason Jars and lids for at least 10 minutes to sanitize them and also so that the glass jars are ready to receive hot liquid.

OK, I know that's a bag of WHITE SUGAR and I use unrefined pure cane in everything, but you need a ghastly amount for this recipe (7 cups!) that economically this is the best way to go.  I figure that at any given time I don't eat more than a tablespoon of the jam anyway.  Live a little!  Oh and that little green box contains powdered fruit pectin.  That will make your yumminess gel.

After crushing the berries, you add the pectin, a little lemon juice and the sugar and cook it all down to a full boil.


                                                                        Fill 'er up!

After you seal your jars, carefully (I use BBQ tongs) place the jars back in boiling water until the little raised button in the middle of the caps depresses.  That means you've created a vacuum and your jams will last.  I store mine in a refridgerator and use them as hostess gifts, going away presents and teacher's gifts.  Whatever jars I can hide from kids that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment