Luke 12:48

From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Good Thing I Don't Like Dull

Good Thing I Don't Like Dull
Life is what you make of it. Always has been, always will be.- Grandma Moses

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Yes, Kale Can Be Delicious!


Yum!
I came across this recipe via Pinterest a few months ago and was intrigued.  I'm always trying to get greens into my diet because I know how good they are for me.  The blogger who published this recipe couldn't say enough about it and it was easy enough so I had to try it.  I'm so glad I did!  I make a bowl or two of thise a week now and have it all week long.  I'm the only one in my house who will eat Kale and that's OK, more for me!  Although I didn't grow the ingredients I had to share.


You start with a bunch of Kale (generally however they're packaged at the store is enough).  After it's washed you pull the leaves off of the chewy stems in an upward ripping motion.  Then you roll the leaves and slice them into thin strips.  Next comes the entire reason this recipe is so delicous....the dressing!

                                                             You juice one lemon.....
The original recipe calls for two cloves of crushed garlic, I prefer one so I'm not knocking everyone out with my breath all day....

           One teaspoon of this is just perfect for me although you can add more if you'd like.....

                                                                             3 TBS.


               Add salt to taste and whisk with a fork....pour over the kale and mix well...I use a spatula to get it all in there.


                                   About a 1/3c. of shredded parmesan (I just throw in a handful).

And voila!  It really is delcious.  Not bitter, and has a nice bright flavor.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment